Please review the following general volunteer guidelines. You will receive a detailed reminder three to four days before your scheduled event.
- Volunteers must register online in advance; walk-ups will not be accepted. Some age restrictions apply.
- If you need to cancel, log into your dashboard, select Volunteer from "Registered Events", and select "Cancel participation".
- Volunteers cannot run and volunteer at the same event.
- Please arrive on time for your assignment. The time shown in your dashboard is your start time; there's no need to arrive earlier, as we've allotted time for you to check in and receive an orientation.
- Belle Isle New Year's Eve Run is not responsible for lost or stolen bags.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assignment. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of runners or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your captain.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.
When you register to volunteer with the Belle Isle New Year's Eve Run, we ask you to honor these standards of conduct:
- Conduct yourself as a friendly, responsible, informative, and respectful representative of the Belle Isle New Year's Eve Run.
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy.
- Refrain from public criticism of participants and other volunteers.
- Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing, or otherwise offensive language while volunteering, including in social media postings of any kind.
- The use of drugs, alcohol, and tobacco are prohibited at all events.
- Follow the directions of your team captain.